INDOOR AIR QUALITY - COMMERCIAL
Experts in Sick Building Syndrome and Building Related diseases
From such sources as mold, bacteria, pollen, allergens, solvents, organic chemicals, pesticides, acids, bases, radon, asbestos, lead, dusts and materials from unknown sources.
Our indoor air quality (IAQ) specialists will thoroughly inspect and test a commercial building or space including the HVAC System. Our step by step approach maximizing our effectiveness while controlling costs and minimizing interference with your daily business activities.
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to respond to your concerns and be present when the problem is there.
Our investigation includes a through process of information gathering – BEFORE we arrive onsite.
– Areas Involved
– Nature of Surrounding Tenants/Building
– Recent Changes Since Symptoms Began
– Size Of Area Involved.
– Number Of People Involved.
– HVAC System
– Hours of Operation
- Interviews with site personnel, as appropriate, to further understand the condition.
- Testing of basic air quality parameters as temperature, relative humidity, carbon dioxide.
- Testing for specific agents such as mold, bacteria, allergens, myotoxins, endotoxins, chemicals, radon, asbestos, lead or others that may be involved.
- Developing a comprehensive report of tests performed, results, interpretation of results, and recommendations for corrective action or further testing, as appropriate.
- Further evaluation – when necessary, to address specific problem areas or to quantify health hazards identified in the initial investigation.
- Remediation Consulting – Correcting a problem or preventing a future problem is our ultimate goal. HRA can design remediation or clean-up plans and even Health and Safety Plans (HASP) where a chemical contaminant is found.
- Remediation Management – HRA can oversee and supervise remediation projects such as mold remediation, asbestos removal, and chemical clean-up, to ensure that work is done safety, thoroughly and in compliance with all regulations.
- Expert Witness/Litigation Support – When insurance, liability, or damages are involved, we can provide expert services to plaintiffs or defendants when such conflicts arise.
We spend over 80% of our time indoors, and most importantly it is where we live. The Environmental Protection Agency says the indoor air quality is generally poorer than it is outdoors. This includes Sick Building Syndrome or Building Related Disease due to mold, bacteria, chemicals and dust. Our qualified specialists can evaluate and test for IAQ agents than may adversely people’s health. We offer consulting, testing, and solutions to each specific IAQ problem.
There is little in our indoor environments that we can determine with our senses. The conditions or quantities of agents that may adversely affect are health can be extremely small. – Far below our ability to detect them even though we may feel the effects. Conditions as simple as mold, bacteria, carbon monoxide, asbestos, formaldehyde, pesticides, organic solvents, acids, and alkalis may be present, but can only be identified using the most sensitive instruments or laboratory analysis. We can test for practically any chemical or biological agent, determine the quantity, and compare it to regulatory standards or Health Hazard Criteria to advise you on things that may make your home a hazard nightmare instead of a safe haven.
We utilize the best and most sophisticated laboratory services to accurately and completely determine what may be affecting indoor air quality. Our network of laboratories have the most sensitive equipment available to identify mold, bacteria, chemicals, radon, asbestos, lead, pesticides, allergens making your home an unhealthy environment.
We have offices in Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA and service capabilities in Nevada (NV), Washington State (WA), Oregon (OR) and Nevada (NV). We have affiliates in New York (NY), Dallas (TX), Chicago (IL), Boston (MA), Atlanta (GA) to provide a national network of consulting and testing services.
Contact us for more information, a price quote or to schedule a visit.